Saturday, January 15, 2011

The world's largest shopping mall


The world's largest mall, the Dubai Mall, has over 1.2 million square feet and 1200 retail stores. It houses the world's largest acrylic panel aquarium and an underwater zoo.


Since the competing mall has a ski slope, this one has an ice rink:


It also has a three story waterfall:


And about a billion butterflys:

And a "Gold Souk" mall-within-the-mall:

I am seeing a trend here. Texas has nothing on Dubai!

So what pays for all of this? Oil, of course. But there are other sources. After I sent my first photo from the last blog post, I received a message that I had just spent 25 Euros. That's right, 25 Euros to email one low resolution picture!

1 comment:

  1. I always wanted the bumper sticker that reads "Ski Dubai." I don;t know; I just think it's funny.

    ReplyDelete